Saturday 21 June 2014

Flower Garden

Yesterday my blog turned 1 year old! Yay. So to mark this occasion I thought I would do another outfit post, but this time make it a bit more formal so it is appropriate for summer weddings, events, christenings and lots of other fun events that happen in the summer. 

I got his dress a few days ago from the Quiz concession in Debenhams, I have never really shopped in Quiz before, I know a lot of girls got their prom dresses from there so I always thought that it would be full of long chiffon dresses and diamante, but I was wrong. I love this dress as it kind of reminds me of something a old fashioned milk maid would wear, I don't really know why, I think it is the colour. The material is quite heavy so it hangs beautifully, and I also love the off the shoulder detail as it adds a bit of something something to it, with out it being inappropriate and low cut, because no one wants to see that!

I paired this with my nude shoes from Miss KG which I find quite difficult to walk in even though they aren't as high as my other heels. I think I need a bit of practise walking in them though so I don't look like I am trying to lay an egg!

I did a quick/messy up do that was inspired by Lily Melrose's summer up do blog post/ YouTube video and a video done by Estee in her YouTube channel Essie Button. I paired this with lashings of mascara and the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Bashful, as I wanted to look fresh faced and not wear anything too heavy. As I didn't want anything that was too high maintenance or that needed a lot of retouching like red lipstick because if you are anything like me after wearing red lipstick for more than a few hours it always manages to get on my nose, I don't know how or why it just does. 

Lots of love 
Harriet xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment