The ingredients you will need are:
225g of porridge oats
75g of black treacle
75g of soft brown sugar
2 table spoons of peanut butter
150g of butter
and a handful of what ever fruits or nuts you want to add, as I have an intense hatred of dead fruit I added brazil nuts and macadamia nuts.
- First pre heat the oven to 180C Gas mark 5.
- Then grease a baking tray with butter, just so they don't stick too much.
- Melt the butter, sugar, treacle in a pan making sure you don't let the mixture boil or the sugar burn, I recommend a low heat for this!
- Then stir in the oats and the fruit or nuts of your choice.
- The add the peanut butter.
- Stir until it is all combined.
- Press into a baking tray until it is at the desired thickness, I didn't cover my whole tray as I wanted them to be quite thick.
- Then bake for 25 min.
- Wait for them to cool and then cut them up into bars or squares or whatever shape your heart desires.
See that wasn't so difficult, I hope you enjoy them!
Lots of love