Monday 9 June 2014

Celebration make up

So today I finally finished my AS level exams (whoop whoop!), and I decided to do a kind of celebratory make up look as I haven't been wearing any make up for the last 4 weeks while I have been on study leave. This is my go to "glamorous" look that I do when I need to look nice yet have not very much time, the most time consuming thing for me is my eye shadow as I take forever to blend it, so this is an eye shadow free look. So with this look the bold lips do all the talking (ha get it!). 

Face
L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation in Rose Pearl. I have a love hate relationship with this foundation as some days I put it on and I am like "Why don't I use this all the time I love it", then on other days I will put it on and it wont sit right or it will go all patchy round my nose. I think the trick is to spend a bit more time buffing it into the skin to making sure it stays looking good, to do this I use my ever trusty Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I would say this foundation has a medium coverage, and is best left with as minimal powder on a possible so that the dewy finish isn't lost. 

L'Oreal The Touche Magique True Match concealer. I use this under my eyes and down the bridge of my nose to highlight and cover redness.

Sleek Face Form Palette in Light. I use this to contour and bronze up my face, so it gives the illusion that I have been  in the sun when actually I have been stuck inside revising. 

MAC mineralise skin finish in Adored. This is from the Tropical Taboo collection that MAC brought out last year, I use it for a highlight on the tops of my cheek bones so if you were going to duplicate this look any mineralise skin finish would do as MAC are bringing them out all the time. Another one I like is Soft and Gentle from MAC. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Peach Glow. I used this to set my make up so it stays in place. 

Eyes
L'Oreal Telescopic mascara. I am not too struck on this mascara I think its good, but its nothing like my favourite MAC extended play lash mascara. I thought it may be similar to it, but its not really (the search for a dupe continues).

Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye liner in Nude. This eye liner is so soft and works for an instant eye refresher when maybe you haven't had the best night sleep. I put it all over my bottom water line.

Avon Grey eyeliner. I use this to tight line my eyes to make my lashes look thicker. 

Lips
I used my favourite ever red which is RiRi Woo from MAC and it is a retro matte formula. I know this one was limited edition, but I have heard that it is very similar to Ruby Woo also by MAC. I also thought I would include a Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple just if you want a red lip that can be worn sheer, and has more of a shine to it. 

If you guys have finished your exam I hope they all went well, and if you are still doing them GOOD LUCK! 

Lots of Love 
Harriet xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment