Friday 21 June 2013

Chanel nail polishes worth the price?

I am one of those people who always says "I will never ever spend over £10 on a nail polish no matter what the colour". That is mostly true, but there is one polish that is one of my only exceptions to that rule, enter Chanel.

The two products I have are the "beauté des ongles" protective base coat and the nail colour in 531 "Péridot". Oh wow this colour is stunning! When I first picked it up I thought oh just another metallic green polish nothing special, boy I was wrong as I turned it towards the light it changed to an almost goldy bronze colour. I had never seen a colour like this before. I would say that with this product polish you need two coats to make it go opaque, but I would say that is pretty reasonable. This polish lasted on my nails for about 4 days which for a nail polish is quite an achievement! There was a bit of tip wear, but I guess that that is kind of understandable. 

I have saved the best till last though, I love this base coat so much that I have ended up buying another one! For me that is amazing as I am one of those people who will love a product, but always think there is a better one out there so will keep trying to find a new one. This base coat dries so quickly and protects my nails from any of that annoying, unwanted staining. I would have to say this is the quickest drying nail product I have, now I can truly say I am a one base coat kind of gal.....



What do you think of Chanel's efforts, worth the splurge? Are there any other colours you would recommend to me.

See you later 
Harriet x 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)

    Im also one of those people that would never spend £10 on a nail varnish! But I think if there was a specific colour I wanted I would be tempted to buy from a luxury brand like Chanel as I would use it all the time.

    www.carolinelovescoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! they're so great. I think they're definitely worth the splurge, and I realized that the hard way, I bought a bunch of cheap nail polishes and they only lasted for like a day.
    How much were they?

    Anyways, congrats on a great blog! And thanks so much for stopping by.
    I just followed you :) And if you like you can follow back La Dolce Moda

    All the best,
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I paid £18 each for these but I think the base coat it in the sale at the moment on the Debenhams website xxxx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see what they look like transferred!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    High Street Fashion & Celebrity Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wondered if they are worth it having never actually tried one, but I am always so tempted by the packaging! Great post :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peridot is stunning. I've heard so much about it, I really want to try it.

    http://embellished001.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete